Ray Tracing effects have been added to the PC version of Elden Ring in Update 1.09, which was recently released by FromSoftware. The ambient occlusion and shadows in the game have been improved by FromSoftware using Ray Tracing. The unfortunate news is that no upscaler support was added by FromSoftware. In other words, DLSS 2 and FSR 2.0 are still not supported.
Elden Ring update 1.09 is out now
As Elden Ring is being downloaded, we’ll compare some screenshots between RT On and RT Off. Stay tuned for additional information as we’ll also provide some benchmarks. Version 1.09 includes these additional RT effects in addition to a number of bug fixes and balance adjustments. The next time you open the Steam client, this update will be downloaded automatically. Its whole changelog is included below.
Elden Ring 1.09 release notes
- Added an invincibility window when respawning in the colosseum.
- Increased the scaling of the following attributes when infusing weapons with certain Ashes of War:
- Magic / Fire / Flame Art / Lightning / Sacred
- Increased the attribute scaling of the following weapon types:
- Colossal Sword / Great Axe / Hammer / Flail / Great Hammer / Colossal Weapon
- Increased the speed, range and recovery time of some attacks for the following weapon types:
- Great Hammer / Great Axe / Great Sword / Curved Greatsword
- Flail weapons changes:
- Increased the speed of some attacks.
- Reduced attack recovery time.
- Increased poise when using two-handed attacks.
- Increased running attacks speed and reduced attack recovery time for the following weapon types:
- Straight Sword / Curved Sword / Katana / Twinblade Sword / Axe / Hammer / Halberd
- Increased the first attack speed for the following weapon types:
- Straight Sword / Curved Sword / Whip
- Increased the speed of guard counters for the following weapon types:
- Straight Sword / Great Sword / Colossal Sword / Great Curved Sword / Katana / Twinblade Sword / Axe / Great Axe / Flail / Great Hammer / Spear / Great Spear / Halberd
- Reduced the attack recovery time for Whip weapons.
- Increased the damage of Claw weapons.
- Added Holy damage and Faith scaling to the Great Club.
- Increased damage negation when blocking Holy damage and decreased damage negation when blocking damage from other affinities.
- Increased the effectiveness of the Twinblade Talisman.
- Slightly reduced rolling travel distance for light equipment weights.
- Decreased the hitbox size for some attacks of the following weapon types:
- Thrusting Sword / Heavy thrusting Sword / Spear / Great Spear / Halberd
So, that was it for our Elden Ring Update 1.09 and its release notes. But, we have more articles on our website.